SmartBizis a large financial and stockbroker company
SmartBizis a large financial and stockbroker company. 8 years ago SmartBiz decided to establish a fullfledged EA practice to accommodate with the growing problems around non-transparency of its IT
investments and poor business and IT alignment in general. The establishment of EA practice was
successful, and it was completed last 1 year. Due to recent advancement in technologies, SmartBiz
wants to implement Cloud Computing technologies that would empower their staff and customers for
example, implementation of analytical Cloud Computing Technologies that would enable SmartBiz
staff to approve credit card application within 30 minutes of the submission of the application.
However, SmartBiz’s CEO is sceptical towards the implementation of cloud computing technologies.
He believes that the company is only wasting money on the cloud computing technologies as it is
essentially nothing more than a sophisticated collection of data.
As a newly promoted IT manager at SmartBiz, you are required to write a report that discusses the
- Discuss four (4) types of cloud computing that SmartBiz could use or implement.
- Discuss five (5) challenges that SmartBiz may have with implementation of Cloud
Computing Technologies and how the challenges should be resolved.
- Discuss five (5) characteristics of cloud computing and explain 4 major cloud computing
services that you would recommend to be used in SmartBiz.
- Discuss five (5) ways in which cloud computing may be used in EA practices.
- Explain ITIL Framework and Discuss five advantages of implementing ITIL framework at
Four types of cloud computing that SmartBiz could use or implement:
- Public cloud: This is the most common type of cloud computing. The services are provided by a third-party cloud provider, and the data and applications are stored on the provider’s servers. This is a good option for businesses that want to save money on IT infrastructure and maintenance costs.