Kinesiology Concept Map
A concept map will help you to organize, relate, and understand the various aspects and topics of Kinesiology that you will be introduced to during this 8-week course. Please make sure to look in the supporting materials links for examples of concept maps before you begin this assignment. Provided in the PowerPoint file named Concept Map Template is a starting point for your own map. In future weeks, you will need to insert new shapes/text boxes for new concepts as is necessary.
You may create your concept map via the PowerPoint template or in the document. Regardless of what you choose, you will need to paste your final concept map in the space below:
The purpose of defining terms is to make sure that you have gained the foundational knowledge needed to build relationships and fully understand the various aspects of Kinesiology. Therefore, please respond to the following questions below:
- Define therapeutic exercise.
- Define disability.
- Define rehabilitation.
- Define habituation.
- Define therapeutic recreation specialist.
- Define formative assessment.
- Define summative assessment.
- Define sport management.
- List three settings/segments for sports management.
The purpose of conceptual relationships is to help you integrate, associate, and connect knowledge of various aspects of Kinesiology, as well as realize how each field in Kinesiology supports one another. Therefore, please respond to the following questions below:
- If you had a client come in that is obese and diabetic, what type of therapeutic exercise would you recommend (broad category)? Why?
- How might therapeutic exercise promote a healthy lifestyle?
- How might you convince someone that physical education is important and does not detract from learning in other subjects? What would you say?
- If you were a physical education teacher, what type of curriculum would you implement? Why?
- If you were to enter a career in sport coaching what do you think would be the single most important personal characteristic that you must possess? Why? What about if you entered a career in sport instruction?
- What are some skills that you possess that would make you an effective leader in the field of sport management? Why would these skills make you a leader in the field?