Key elements of branding.
Self-promotion is an integral part of career success, and the first and most important product you need to learn how to market is yourself. You are a brand, and your ability to communicate your brand effectively to potential employers for internships and entry-level jobs in your field of study is an essential workplace skill.
Review the topic resources, paying special attention to “Career Options Discussion,” “Student Interviews,” and “Brands and Branding” videos, and the articles “How to Write an Effective Resume” and “Cover Letter Examples by Industry.”
Using what you have learned about the key elements of branding and brand management, such as purpose, positioning, promise, personality and values, and brand expression, construct a one-page resume and a one-page cover letter that capitalize on you as a unique brand you want to sell to potential employers. You need to ensure that the resume and cover letter accomplish the following:
- Highlight your skills, abilities, qualifications, and experience relevant to the position you are seeking.
- Utilize appropriate keywords relevant to the position you are seeking.
- Utilize a clear, easy to read font, and provide an appropriate photo if you elect to include one.
- Are free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Demonstrate key elements of branding.