Domestic Violence DB
Watch the video above that is based on a true incident and then answer the following four (4) questions below. You may need to use the internet/ web search to locate some of the answers besides the chapter contents in your book.
- Do you think the aggressors of domestic violence grew up in an environment of domestic violence and child abuse?
- Why do you think victims of domestic violence stay in the relationship for so long?
- Why is it that victims of domestic violence do not want to call/ make a report with the police?
- Name a local domestic violence resource in your community and describe how it can benefit a victim of domestic violence. (Include the name of the resource and location as well)
There are many reasons why victims of domestic violence stay in the relationship for so long. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Fear: Victims of domestic violence may be afraid of what their abuser will do if they try to leave. Abusers often threaten to harm or kill their victims, their children, or other loved ones if they try to leave. They may also threaten to destroy the victim’s reputation or finances.