Day of the Dead
Read this article on Mexico’s Day of the Dead. http://www.mexonline.com/daydead.htm (Links to an external site.) After you have read the required article and found an article of your own that concerns the Day of the Dead, I want you to write a five-paragraph essay in this form:
- An introductory paragraph that will be two sentences long. The first sentence will be your hook. The second will be your a three-point thesis statement as the last sentence. It will be worded like this: From my readings of the Day of the Day the three most significant/interesting things I have learned about this celebration are: , , and _.
- The first body paragraph will summarize the content of the article I assigned you to read. No fewer than five sentences.
- The second body paragraph will summarize the article you found. (No Wikipedia or sites like that!) No fewer than five sentences.
- The third body paragraph will be a contrast of how the Halloween weekend is celebrated in America as compared to Mexico. No fewer than five sentences.
- The concluding paragraph will be 2-3 sentences long. I want you to write me a good conclusion on how this story has affected, surprised, or informed you.