Creating a Personal Financial Plan
SCENARIO: Imagine that you are in a position where you need to move – this could be because of a change in job, a need to modify your living arrangements, or something else. In addition to searching for different housing, you want to begin saving for a specific financial goal.
In part 1, Create a financial plan based on the scenario described above. You’ll use your productivity skills to organize your plan, and you’ll use your problem solving skills to determine a reasonable rate of savings to reach your goals. Finally, you’ll apply your technology skills to ensure that your budget is balanced, and expenditures (like housing) don’t exceed your employment income
In part 2, you will answer reflection questions about the decisions you made and the skills you leveraged while building your plan.
For this assignment, you will:
• Create a budget for a financial plan using Microsoft Excel, ensuring that the information is organized, accurate, and complete.
• Identify a personal savings goal and a time frame for reaching it.
• Explain how your choice of housing will help you achieve your personal savings goal.
• Align your expenditures to support your goal.
• Reflect on how creating a step-by-step and organized approach to the assignment helps you adjust the financial priorities in your plan.