Basic psychological concepts.
Define and explain basic psychological concepts.
Interpret research findings related to psychological concepts.
Apply psychological principles to personal growth and other aspects of everyday life.
Draw logical and objective conclusions about behavior and mental processes from empirical evidence.
Examine how psychological science can be used to counter unsubstantiated statements, opinions, or beliefs.
Here are some definitions of basic psychological concepts:
- Behavior: Any observable action or response.
- Cognition: The mental processes of acquiring, processing, and storing information.
- Emotion: A complex state of feeling that results in physical and behavioral changes.
- Motivation: The forces that drive us to act.
- Personality: The unique and enduring characteristics that distinguish us from others.
Interpret research findings related to psychological concepts