Accessing their rights under the Constitution
1) Please identify one active community organization’s civic engagement in terms of assisting individuals with accessing their rights under the Constitution. The organization may provide service to individuals whether they are citizens or not;
2) Clearly identify the law enforcement encounter that would require an individual to seek access to their rights through the organization you identify;
3) Identify the specific right(s) the individual needs to access and apply to their given situation;
4) You must use at least one quote from the National Lawyer’s Guild reading assigned and cite the page number; and
5) State what motivated your decisions for completing this assignment other than personal reasons including the fact that the assignment is required. Please include motivation that is inspired by your specific interest in a law enforcement encounter and/or knowledge of rights that are of interest to you. Please note: The motivation must be something other than personal reasons and the fact that the assignment is required. In other words, please include motivation that is inspired by your specific interest in a law enforcement encounter and/or knowledge of rights that are of interest to you. Furthermore, you must use the numerical template above to answer the prompts or points will be deducted.